Blog Hotel Palmanova
COVID-19 - Preventive measures during your stay at Cas Saboners, Ca's Saboners Beach Aparthotel
COVID-19 - Preventive measures during your stay at Cas Saboners
Now that we’re open for the season and we had to adapt our protocols, we would like to inform you about the preventive measures we’ve got in place to guarantee a safe stay. Before kicking off the season we’ve carried out a complete disinfection of the hotel and its facilities. We are ready to welcome you!
General protocols for guests and employees
• Hand washing (with soap or disinfectant solution): Hand hygiene is the main measure of infection prevention and control. Hydro alcoholic gel will be strategically placed all over the hotel to be used by guests and staff.
• Basic respiratory behaviour when in public: Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough and sneeze. If tissues are not available, use the inside of the elbow to avoid contaminating the hands. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Practice good respiratory hygiene habits.
• Maintain social distance (2m): Any protection measure must guarantee that it adequately protects working personnel and clients from those risks that cannot be sufficiently avoided or limited by adopting organizational measures, technical measures and, lastly, individual protection measures.
We are happy to announce that we will be able to offer you the use of our restaurant this year, but we had to adapt our concept to comply with safety and hygiene measures.
• We have marked the spaces and traffic flows. There will also be a reduction of capacity at our buffet, restaurant, bar and terrace. The distance of 2 meters between the back of a chair from one table to another must be respected at all times.
• This year we will offer an 'assisted buffet': the kitchen staff will serve the food to the guest, thus avoiding the manipulation of kitchen utensils by the guest. We have also implemented a service for individual use packaged portions.
• We have extended the buffet hours to divide guests into turns. Finally, we have reinforced our ‘room service’.
At our restaurant hygiene protocols have been reinforced with the following specific measures:
• The disinfection process of cutlery will be carried out at temperatures above 82ºC.
• The cleaning and disinfection of the kitchen utensils will be done according to the provisions of the Food Safety HACCP.
• Cleaning and disinfection of toilets and other common areas will be carried out more frequently during the day.
• The kitchen team will always wear a reusable hygienic mask.
• Waiters performing the service must guarantee the safety distance or apply strict procedures that avoid the risk of contagion (continuously disinfecting hands, avoiding physical contact, sharing objects, etc.).
The swimming pool will function normally, but the capacity for its use will be limited, and the safety distance between guests must be respected at all times.
Cleaning and disinfection protocols in the pool area and sun beds have been increased and people with symptoms will not be allowed to use the pool nor any other facilities.
• We’ve established an increase in the frequency of cleaning tasks, especially in the areas of more contact (surfaces, knobs, sinks, cranks, elevators, reception desk, doors, keys / room cards, telephones, remote controls, buttons for flushing the toilet, protection barriers, air conditioning control, dryer, gym machines, room service menu, minibar, hangers, etc.).
• A daily ventilation of common use areas where there have been customers takes place and cleaning carts are cleaned and disinfected after each shift.
• The collection of bins from common use areas will be carried out in safety conditions: the bags will be closed / sealed and transferred to the waste collection point.
• The disinfection of textiles and upholstery in common areas will be carried out with devices such as steam devices.
All our employees have received the necessary training to guarantee a safe stay. The subjects in which they have been trained are: introduction to COVID-19, general preventive measures, use of personal protective equipment, protocol of action in case of symptoms of COVID-19, cleaning and disinfection, and specific measures by department.
• The elevator may only be used by members of the same family or accommodation unit and will be disinfected after each use.
• We will continue to offer our activities and entertainment at Cas Saboners. However, capacity for each activity will be controlled and planned so that the minimum safety distance between people can be respected. Otherwise, masks should be used. The activities will be carried out outdoors whenever possible and the exchange of objects will be avoided.
For any other questions regarding our protocols and measures please email us at email@example.com.